Giriş

Orijinalini görmek için tıklayınız : Country Fun

admin
05 Eylül 2023, 21:26
I was in Wichita, Kansas on business a few summers ago, looking to close a deal for my company. This was my chance to prove my worth, as I had just started working there a month earlier and my boss told me this trip was beyond urgent. "The supplier in Wichita is the only one I trust," she said, "if you can't close a deal, don't bother coming in to work when you get back." With those words echoing in my head, I met with the supplier the day after I flew in. The meeting was promising, but I felt it didn't go anywhere, as the supplier said he would have to consider my boss's offer. I was to be in town for five days, in case the supplier had more questions, so I looked around on my drive back to the hotel.

I passed the gamut of restaurants, car shops, and retail stores, but also noticed a promising nightclub only a block from the hotel. Without much else to do, and still fretting how the deal with the supplier would go, I decided to go there that night to blow off some steam. After some McDonald's, I walked to the club and got online to be carded around 8 PM. Inside, I went to the bar and got a Moscow Mule, my go-to cocktail, to loosen up. With a Mule in my system, I started dancing when the DJ played "Club Can't Hold Me" by Flo Rida. I soon began looking for a girl to dance with, but the only ones I saw were taken. Defeated, I went back to the bar, took a seat, and waited for one of the bartenders to order another Mule.

That's when I heard a female voice next to me say: "Are you alone, too?" I looked over and saw a dark-haired girl in a black dress holding an empty glass. I said:

"Yeah, are you?" She replied she was and asked if she could buy me my next drink. I said sure and she took the seat next to me. Little did I know what would unfold over the next few hours... or the next few days. The bartender poured my next Moscow Mule and we got to talking.

She introduced herself: "I'm Nicole, but my friends call me 'Cole;' you can too." After our drinks were drunk, Nicole took me to the dance floor and we danced for as long as I can remember. By closing time, the ice between the two of us was broken and melted, and Nicole gave me her address out in the parking lot. "Why don't you come over tomorrow? I can show you around," she asked. After she confirmed she was serious, I said I'd be over around 9 AM the next morning. When the club closed, I walked back to the hotel and went to bed. I was awoken by my iPhone ringing. It was my boss, who told me some good news: the supplier accepted his bid and as a result, I could enjoy my remaining days in Wichita however I liked:

"I was your age once," she said, "and I know a thing or two about working hard, but playing harder, so enjoy yourself. The supplier has a daughter who could show you around town." I said okay and my boss hung up with me. Seeing the napkin with Nicole's address on the nightstand, I got ready to go visit her. Downstairs, I entered the address into the GPS of my rental car and headed on my way. The GPS Nicole lived about 45 miles away, so I settled in for a long drive. As that drive wore on, though, I couldn't help but notice I was heading further