Giriş

Orijinalini görmek için tıklayınız : The Matrons of Regal Bay Ch. 26

admin
15 Ağustos 2023, 20:50
The Matrons of Regal Bay

Chapter 26

Lisa's Tales -- Part 3

It was turning out to be a busy Wednesday afternoon at Paisley Park. With the approaching Memorial Day weekend, the salon's schedule was booked solid through the end of the week. Lisa had cut her lunch break short that afternoon in order to fit Wanda Vaughn in for a color touch up. Both Sandy and Felicity, the other two stylists on duty, had full afternoon schedules as well, and to make matters a little more complicated, Cynthia Price had called, asking to get squeezed in as well. Lisa knew Cynthia well, intimately even, and her friend was of such a mind that she felt her mere requests could change the world to her needs. As it was, Sandy agreed to work her in.

When Cynthia arrived, Lisa had Elena Adamson in her chair. Elena had requested some weeks back to have her naturally flowing Nordic blonde hair dyed a raven black. Lisa didn't think it suited her and had told her as much, but Lisa had gone ahead with dying the librarian's hair anyway.

"I was told that I might look sexier with black hair," Elena had told her. "How about it, Lisa? Do you think I look sexier?" she had asked after. Lisa was non-committal then. Now, just a few weeks later, Elena was back to get her roots done. However, Elena wanted yet another change.

"I was thinking about going red. I was told that I might look sexier with red hair," Elena had told Lisa when she first settled into the chair. "What do you think?"

Lisa shook her head and with a smile replied, "I think it's a little too late. With this raven," she lifted a handful of Elena's hair and displayed it over her head, reflected in the mirror above the sink, "we're pretty much stuck with it until it grows out. What I can do is treat the roots with an amber, and in a few weeks, we'll continue working it in. Eventually, with occasional trimming, you'll have a nice, deep red."

"Good afternoon, everyone!" Cynthia cheerfully greeted them as she confidently strutted across the tile floor, her heels clicking a staccato as she went, right in time with the background music playing Lisa noticed. Coming right up behind Lisa, Cynthia greeted her personally. "Hello, Lisa. How are you?" Unnoticed by everyone except Lisa, Cynthia gave her butt a light caress.

"Not quite as cheery as you are," Lisa replied. Cynthia slipped passed and touched Elena's forearm as she went.

"It's too damn beautiful of a day to be in here, ladies," Cynthia announced, even as she curled into one of the waiting area chairs. To her left was Sheryl Carlson, wife of the town's fire chief. Next to Sheryl was Debra Halford. Both were waiting to have their hair trimmed and colored. Cynthia had snatched up a "Vogue" magazine from the side tables and had it open, but addressed the group instead. "Someone should make a law about spending such beautiful days inside. It's just unnatural."

Sheryl replied, "What's unnatural is Elena's hair color!" Sheryl was always commenting on hair color, and had a strong opinion about keeping to one's natural shades, even as she had her "natural" gray colored out once a week. At 58 years of age, Sheryl had long ago gone gray, but managed to keep her short blonde hair at just the right shade that nobody, with the exception of her husband, knew the truth, outside of the stylist's shop that is.

"Well, I think she looks absolutely sexy as hell with black hair, don't you, Lisa?" Cynthia commented. Not expecting a reply, she continued on. "It's really a matter of one's own choice, and how it makes a girl feel about herself, am I right ladies? And when it comes to your husbands, lovers, or girl-friends," Cynthia gave Lisa a wink, "as long as the carpet matches the drapes, who's to know the difference. Unless you don't have a carpet, I guess," she added with a laugh. Sheryl didn't join in.

For the next few minutes conversation resumed with more civilized topics, Sheryl would say, with the hair stylists chatting with their charges, and those waiting discussing the news of the day amongst themselves. Eventually, Cynthia bored and brought up a new topic of interest to a couple of her friends in the room. She leaned forward and looked past Sheryl.

"By the way, Debra. And both you and Tina will be interested to know, and you too, Felicity, that I've taken on another young student for our weekly study group this summer." Cynthia looked pointedly at Lisa when she added, "Mr. Randy Hayworth, as a matter of fact." This got Lisa's attention.

"Randy?" Lisa asked, pausing in her work.

"What sort of group is this?" Wanda Vaughn asked. She'd been sitting quietly near the front window, listening to the women gossip around her while leafing through an Adam